Thursday, 20 August 2009
An award, a tablecloth and some new tat!
Yay! Look! I got my very first blog award, from the lovely Annie at Birdcages & Butterflies, thanks Annie! xxx
I have to list my 5 latest obsessions...
1) Mary Poppins Comes Back - I'm reading this at the moment and I'm loving it, even through I got a funny look on the bus this morning for reading it (not the first time this has happened, I can assure you)
2) Blankets - I'm attempting to knit my own (hmmm not looking that promising!) and I've also bought a couple of fab ones lately (MUCH easier!)
3) mismatched pillowcases - i recently got another two pillows for my bed (I used to have just the two) and I like how I can now stack up four different patterns. Yay!
4) blogging & recording EVERYTHING! I've not had my blog for long, but I have caught myself going 'oh, I wish I had brought my camera so I could blog about this!' a few times already
5) making badges - I dug my CS badgemaker out from my mums, where I was storing it as I didnt have a good place to keep it, and now every book, picture and scrap of material I own is potentially wearable (I have a bit of a 'thing' for jewellery - will have to post pics of my 'shop' one of these days...)
I will have to research who hasn't had this award already and come back and edit who I am going to pass it on to ;)
Next on the agenda - I need your help as I have a very serious decision to make. Very very serious indeed. I nicked this vintage snow white tablecloth off my mum (I have had my beedy eye on it for a while) -
I do love it, and I am definately going to keep it, but I'm not sure if I should keep it for tea parties and the like ;) or have it out on my 'found table' everyday, instead of oilcloth. I still want to paint the legs, and if I kept the cloth I think I would go for the salmon pink colour that is on the cloth.
Hmm or would floral oilcloth be better? Whaddaya think?
Lastly, I have to show you my new tat (I know, I know, all I seem to do is shop, but I just started training for a new job so I'm not doing many hours yet... and its far too tempting to 'pop in' to a few charity shops, especially when one of your loveliest friends invites you out for an afternoons perusing)
I was very reserved though and only got 3 bits - this china posy brooch, and this floral skirt (new with tags) - yes, I am wearing it already in this photo!
And this little bitty teeny tiny toadstool demanded to come home to my little bitty collection
Aww, see, I couldn't leave it behind, it's only a baby!